Submit your review
Extremely dissatisfied with Metricon.
Our history with the piece of land in Brunswick Heads began in June 2020.
First deposit payment to Metricon in August. Subsequent meetings regarding the design took place, to accommodate a 4 bedroom house and 2 bedroom granny flat. We were told that the project timeline would be less than 12 months.
Our contract was issued in September 2020.
A week after contract was signed, we were contacted by a new Pre Site Manager asking for further information.
The colour scheme process, took place at the end of October 2020. 6 weeks later in December the Metricon Energy Assessor determined that the development had failed the Basix Compliance and we would have to modify the plans. What had been going on for 6 weeks, that could have caused this delay? Also, why had there been such significant gap between processes up to this point?
5 more weeks passed, leading to January (20/01/21), receiving a communication that our DA had been lodged. Why had it taken 4 months between contract signing alone, and the lodgement of DA? Almost 6 months had now passed since we paid our initial deposit, while making mortgage payments on the land.
Another 5 weeks pass, until MARCH 2021, and we are contacted by yet another new representative, ensuring that our 'happy' journey was now in her hands. Better hands we hoped.
Also in March, we were notified that Byron Shire council had rejected our plans, due to the building proximity to the sewer. We thought that Metricon had a Town Planner who could have resolved this prior to the lodgement of the DA?This is the type of mistake made by an architect, not a reputable building company with a team of specialists.
Almost SEVEN months had passed since we paid our first deposit, and our DA had not even been approved, due to Metricon oversight.
10 more days passed, and we received the variation to sign, confirming the modification to resolve the sewer proximity.
2 more weeks pass and we are notified that our the third site manager we were appointed was no longer with the company.
In April our FOURTH site manager made contact to advise that our DA was with the drafting team. So despite receiving a Docusign request weeks prior, our modification still hadn't been sent to Byron Shire Council.
It has been 10 weeks since we were informed that our plans were rejected. To date we have not been advised that Council has received the revised plan.
This process has become an utter disaster. It is very unlikely that we will engage Metricon to build more homes for us in the future. It is now Mid May 2021. Three months short of a year since we signed our contracts with Metricon. We were told the build would be finished about now however so far nothing has happened. What's going on Metricon? Resorting to a public review seeing that no one from your head office can be bothered to reply to my original email.
Don't trust this builder. They built my house wrong after following the out of date plan! Took months to fix. Then things started going wrong after 2 years and they pretty much ignore all your calls. They don't honour the warranty effectively.
Metricon Headquarters Info
You can find the corporate head office address and headquarters in Waverley VIC 3149. Most of the operations handled from this Metricon Australia corporate headquarter.
- Address: Metricon headquarters is completely transparent when it comes to contact information and location of the Metricon. You can address any letters to this corporate headquarters office to:
501 Blackburn Rd, Mount Waverley VIC 3149, Australia
- Phone Number: Call +61 1300 638 742 to reach someone at Metricon headquarters. As soon as you speak with a representative, you should have a fair solution to your problem that is relatively fast, You can contact during Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Saturday to Sunday: Closed. We suspect the corporate head office is also open during these times.
- Email: As an alternative, you can email Metricon at firstname.lastname@example.org that may help spread the word about your problem. You can also contact someone close to the corporate head office by emailing the Media Help department.
- Website: You can use their website www.metricon.com.au and contact any department for general help. there is no dedicated website for Metricon headquarters.
Metricon Headquarters Executive Team
Meet the team providing strong leadership to Metricon headquarters. Below are some executive team members name of Metricon corporate office Australia.
- George Kline : Chif Excecutive Officer
- Peter Ryan : General Manager
Metricon corporate office addresses
|Metricon (Australia)||501 Blackburn Rd, Mount Waverley VIC 3149, Australia|
Also Read : Sephora Headquarters Info